Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Let it All Out

I feel like God is about to teach us something big, and I'm so excited. I realize I get the most defeated-feeling when I get the most excited about what God has waiting for us with Trans World Radio. It seems so logical that, of course, that is exactly when Satan would want us to feel hopeless — just when we feel the anticipation of following God overseas.

This song got me through years of hurt and pain; I honestly don't know what I would have done without it. Oh, how true it is. (See: my wonderful, dear, dear husband who God made me wait for). This is just a small part of a great Relient K song called "Let It All Out":

"Today I'll trust you with the confidence of a man who's never known defeat, but, tomorrow, upon hearing what I did, I will stare at you in disbelief. Oh, inconsistent me crying out for consistency. You said, 'I know that this will hurt, but if I don't break your heart, then things will just get worse. If the burden seems too much to bear, remember the end will justify the pain it took to get us there.' ... You know you touched my life when you touched my heavy heart and made it new."

I hope that encourages you today like it has me. I don't really know if anyone reads this at all, but I'm throwing it out there anyway.

Ha! The next song (by Johnny Diaz) that plays as I type this begins:

"I always like grass to be green, but I just can't take the rain sometimes."

How true. God, grant us patience and understanding through things we can't see.

0 comments: