Friday, May 22, 2009

Updates

Thank you so much for all of your prayers and encouragement. I feel like all we have done during our time here is wonder what the heck we're supposed to do and when and how and why and wouldn't it be great if God write it all on our Facebook wall? So much learning.

ZO! (as we say here.) Mike and I will be returning to the United States on July 1st.

This August, I will start a Master's of Social Work (MSW) program at West Chester University, which is in the same town we lived in 2008. It is a full-time program that will keep me more than busy for the next two years. In addition to classes and a field practicum, I have a GA at the on-campus Writing Center, which covers tuition--hooray! Getting this assistantship was really the only way I could attend the school, so we are thankful to God for this blessing!

We are excited to return to our Philadelphia friends and family. I cannot believe we are moving back there. Before we left and everyone asked Mike, 'So, are you going to go take a leave-of-absence from QVC?' it drove me crazy that he didn't flat-out tell everyone that, no, thankyouverymuch, we have all sorts of places to be and returning to West Chester in 2009 is not one of them. I mean, it was so obvious. You can imagine the grin on Mike's face when I walked into his office and sheepishly told him what school I had found to be the best option for my MSW.

In other news, Mama and Papa Wenzel are coming to visit us in two weeks! Also, a happy (belated) third birthday to beautiful Lily!

0 comments: